Monday, July 4, 2011

Jack & Jill

I fully expect that in, oh, 5-8 years, our kids are going to KILL us for designing in a Jack-and-Jill bathroom for them. <insert evil laugh>
It will be interesting to say the least, to see how a boy and girl so close in age fare in the bathroom wars.

Oh well, I have a few years to relish how adorable they are (and by that, I mean J/J baths; although my kids are awfully darn cute too); and I'll worry about true functionality and practicality later.  Right now they are enjoying being able to run circles between each of their rooms when we go to visit the progress.

The bathroom is small, and I believe it would have been small even without the J/J design, we've just taken away some wall space due to the extra doorways.  There will be a pocket-door to the potty/tub room.  The vanity will look like this, in order to get as much storage as possible in the space (6-foot wide):
Original design via Menards
Somewhere along the way, looking at lots of ideas, I got into my head that I had to have red cabinets.  It was a must!  And, could be fairly gender-neutral.  I've decided that the cabinets will be red and everything else will be white - mosaic tile floors, floor-to-ceiling beadboard-painted walls, and the vanity top.  I'm hoping this brightens the tiny space and gives it some fun character.  Funny thing, I've put a lot less thought into our own master bathroom!  I guess this was more fun . . . 

Here are some examples of what I've picked out for the space:

No comments:

Post a Comment