Monday, April 4, 2011

This was a busy weekend for us, and the first of probably several future trips to start looking at options for the house.  Our assignment this weekend was to join our builder's wife for a trip to look at cabinets and granite, just to start getting an idea for what we want.  This place was so far north of the city for us, I don't think we hope to do too many of those.
It was my first time looking at a place that sells slabs of granite and stone, and it was really interesting for us.  And although I have "ideas" in my head for what I think I'm looking for, when it comes time to actually put it all together, I realize that I'm completely nervous about committing to it!
This was beautiful quartzite-so much like marble! But just my luck, of course it's the most expensive (and already sold)

I was looking for a black - this is a honed absolute black.  I liked it until it showed fingerprints immediately and then it kind of looked like a chalkboard.  Probably too high-maintenance.


This piece was definitely not for me, but I thought it was so unusual, and kind of reminded me of a tiger. :)

Hard to see (except for Mady's reflection!), but I think the kind we may go with is this style (not this piece exactly) - called Milky Way.  It's a black with some white "veining" the way a marble does.

No comments:

Post a Comment