Friday, September 23, 2011

Here are some pictures of some of the progress.  Most items are at the house and staged to be installed, but still waiting to be done.  The agony here is me still waiting to see how all the details fit together! 
~*~*~ All of these picture were taken with my iPhone - since I cannot for the life of me find my battery charger for my camera and it's dead.  Thankfully a friend of mine let me borrow hers, so hopefully I can get some better pictures this weekend ~*~*~

There is some re-work in the Master Bathroom, which is one of rooms that seems to be the hardest to pull together!   The vanity tops were damaged fairly badly in shipping so our builder called upon his granite supplier for some replacements, which worked out in our favour!  The medicine cabinets were hung super-low (Brian would be looking at his belly button) and had to be raised.
Next, the bathtub surround has to be re-done to fit the corner jacuzzi tub and to create an access-panel in case there was ever a need to work on the pump.  The jacuzzi tub wasn't something that was important to us, but since Kai had already ordered it, we went along with it.  But yikes - look at this mess!


The kids call the tub a "boat"
The mess in our bedroom!
Brian's half of the bedroom closet! (whoa! this is awesome)
Looking out the 2nd floor bay windows at sunset

Hardware added to kids' bathroom (Note - I would not have put the drawer pulls in the middle on bottom drawers, but oh well)
Kitchen:
Fridge installed

Some molding finally finished and backsplashes are up. You can also see my "vintage" chandelier waiting to be hung above the island.
The mess the kids can't stop playing with (ugh):


Yay for finally getting the hardware installed!  I LOVE them! 
The mudroom:
  
The bar:
Getting a few lights
The (long-awaited) butcher block came in a different colour than I had intended.  It looks like it was stained, rather than a dark natural colour.  But nevertheless, Brian and I like it - it might even look a little classier.  It still works, so we'll stick with it.  : )
Back cabinets (and a lot of dust)
We picked out a 1x2" slate backsplash for the bar.  It looks really interesting and we love the natural colour variation in the tile.


No comments:

Post a Comment