Friday, September 30, 2011

Time is wrapping to a close as the month ends.  Although we are finishing later than anticipated - it's probably not actually much later, and to Brian's point, we (I) have had much more of a hand in the selections than we would have been able to with other builders.  And, Kai has/is accomodating some of my more quirkier requests - like a backsplash of beadboard, and actually making an old washstand into a vanity in the guestbath.  : )  So, I'm still not complaining.  Is everything perfect?  No.  I'm not an interior designer, and half of what I did was off the internet, where I couldn't see scale or place it next to samples.  I'll tone down my OCD-level knowing that it's not perfect, but for the most part, it can be changed at a later time if we really feel the need to do so. 

Here are some pictures of items as they are starting to fall into place, and clean up some of the clutter:

The Living Room:
Fireplace and lights

Kitchen with undercabinet lights
The Kitchen:
Range and Hood installed
  
The kitchen island chandelier

The Bar:
Tile uncovered.

The kids are obsessed with the carpet in the basement, I guess because it is new and nice and fluffy.  Here they are making "carpet angels":



Pulling each other around:

Oops!  Better not get rug burn ...


The Office:

Guest Bath - Vanity still in progress.  They removed the drawer front and drilled a hole for the drain.  I'd say the oval vessel sink is backwards, but I'm not going to sweat these details . . . .

The stairwell:
The Master Bath: -- not sure this is coming together as well as I'd hoped, so might have to play with some colour in here (hard to tell that the walls are a creamy beige).  But, at least it is almost done . . . 


Master closet
Kids playing on the master bedroom floor.

Jacob's room.  I think this fan is awesome/hilarious. I don't care what anyone says, it's fun!
Mady's Room: (and a look through the Jack and Jill bath)


No comments:

Post a Comment