Tuesday, October 11, 2011

In anticipation of actually getting to move INTO our house, I am already trying to think ahead to decorating. 
My "visions" for decorating are usually incomplete and poor at execution/follow through.  (where do I find the time for it??)

I am horrible about getting things on the walls.  In fact, even as we were preparing to sell and move, there were so many things I felt like never got finished or put on display in the old house.  It's one thing I've learned to admire about my parents - for as many times as we moved in the military throughout the years, even in crappy can't-paint-the-white-walls military housing, they always worked hard to beautify the houses (or duplexes) and get things into a "normal" state quickly.  My memory is about as strong as a goldfish, but I can't remember ever being in even a semi-state of chaos during our moves.  And I've always loved the way they decorated for holidays, but I'm not sure I could aspire to the same level.  It takes me forever just to get the basics in place.  Heck - it's probably the reason why I can barely get the Xmas decorations packed away by Valentine's Day - I feel like I just put them up!
My mom plans to come visit and help out for a little while shortly after we move, so I'm sure she can whip me into shape. . . . er, give me some tips.  : )

I want to start collecting artwork, in addition to getting some photos on the walls.  And quite by accident (although I browse Etsy often these days), I fell in love with the animal watercolour paintings from THIS Etsy shop, and had to get the original painting of this owl: (and of course, wanted to share)
eastwitching
For an original piece from the UK, it is priced extremely reasonably (I think anyway), although I will need to have it framed. 
I can't wait to see it in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment