Sunday, October 30, 2011

Moving Day

Ah, moving day.  So there's a reason (or more) it has taken me so long to update this blog since then.
At just 3 months in the apartment, we were more than anxious to get out of it. :)    Even on the rainy day it ended up as, with a super sick Daddy.

I was in charge of holding the fort at the house while the Movers brought in the boxes; Brian was in charge of staying at the apartment and packing up at the apartment.  Turns out -- there was more random crap at the apartment than we thought, and we wound up spending more of the next week to get everything out of it.  Aiyyiyi.

Seeing our STUFF actually IN this gorgeous new house after all this time was entirely surreal for me.  After months and months of ideas in my head and decisions and seeing it come together, I was anxious to see whether it would match what was in my head, or even make sense.  But as soon as the moving fellas placed our couch down in the living room, I knew it was exactly what I was hoping for.  Does that make sense?  It seems a little silly, but you know it was my little piece of playing a double life as pseudo HGTV. 

Our new house numbers

A coworker of mine (a guy nonetheless) told me that "If you don't have to buy more furniture after you build a house, then you didn't build big enough."  Now, that was NOT really our intent, but it is funny how there are holes to fill in or things to change, after just leaving a house that seemed cozy enough, if not too small. 

Living Room, with a temporary rug

It was a long day of unpacking for the kids too
Salem rather enjoyed all the packing paper
 

The rain

Poor Brian had to crash a little.  Luckily we had just had our new King-sized mattresses delivered as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment